BOBBY JOSEPH® X LOVE CHILD
Through fine-tuned style and perfectly distilled quality, BOBBY JOSEPH® creates teddybears that intersect high art and fine craft. These soft sculptures evoke shifting bodies of contemporary art and pop cultural reference – in this case, ensconcing themselves in the intricacies of the South Asian tradition of Ikat.
Centering birth, the ultimate human act of creation, LOVE CHILD embraces a holistic approach to supporting expecting and new parents. Through care, empowerment, and an ethic rooted in context, LOVE CHILD connects hypermodern parents with the prehistoric wisdom of the body, while helping them navigate the contemporary complexities of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and beyond.
BOBBY JOSEPH® incorporates a whole world of visual culture into art objects, while LOVE CHILD has roots in South India as much as in New York City. So it is fitting that the bold patterns of Ikat – sourced from the artisan-owned-and-run Heritage Weaves collective in Hyderabad, India – should provide the perfect opportunity for a BOBBY JOSEPH® x LOVE CHILD collaboration. The infinite variety, eye-catching colors, and sophisticated graphics of Ikat demand, “Look at me.” Couched in LOVE CHILD’s homey and inviting space, and masterfully brought to life as BOBBY JOSEPH® teddybears, we hope these particular Ikat prints will inspire you to do just that: Look.
- 9.15am Toddler Movement* (Walking - 2.5 years, must be accompanied with care provider)
- 10am Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga
- 10am Dads & Partners Meet Up*
- 1.30pm Baby Beats with Mr. Corbitt* (Babies 2 - 5 months)
- 2.30pm Music with Mr. Corbitt* (Up to 5 years old)
- 3 - 5pm Kiddie Pool Party*
- Kids Yoga* (3 - 5 years old, drop off)
- 10am Prenatal Yoga
- 11.30am Family Yoga
- 1pm - 3pm Meet the Love Child Birth Experts*
Consultations with Neelu Shruti / Massage & Acupuncture treatments / Hypnobirthing, Birth & Postpartum Doula Services with Chrysti Lauter & Bilen Berhanu
- 3pm Complimentary Acupressure Treatments - Massage & Acupuncture with Alexandra Garcia & Tzivya Kraus*
- 4pm Drag Queen Story Hour*
- 6pm Restorative Yoga & Meditation
*Denotes a free event.
RSVP is required for all events